- PhD History, University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri (2012 – Present) . Supervisor: Kerby Miller
- MA Irish History (Commendation), Queen’s University Belfast, Belfast, Northern Ireland (2011 – 2012). Supervisor: Fearghal McGarry . Thesis: ‘Spiritual Warfare and Labour’s Soldiers: The Development of Irish Catholic Social Action, 1910 – 1920’
- BA History (Cum Laude, Departmental Honors), Canisius College, Buffalo, New York . Faculty Adviser: Julie Gibert . Thesis: ‘Ploughs, Pickets, and Pikes: Irish Socialism from the Dublin Lockout to Easter Rising’ Pasadena City College (2006 – 2009)
I’m currently researching twentieth-century Irish and British history, particularly the social history of the Irish working class, religion, and gender in Ireland’s ‘revolutionary decade’. My past research has focused on the development of Catholic social teaching in Ireland as well as the development of socialist republicanism.
Awards & Honors
- Travel Bursary, Institute for Historical Research HistoryLab, 2013
- Supplemental Graduate Fellowship, University of Missouri, 2012-2013
- International Postgraduate Scholarship, Queen’s University Belfast, 2011-2012
Professional Service and Affiliations
- President, History Graduate Student Association
- Member, American Conference for Irish Studies
- Member, American Historical Association
- Lewis, Connor. Review of M.P. McCabe, For God and Ireland: The Fight for Moral Superiority in Ireland 1922 – 1932, Reviews in History (2013) <http://www.history.ac.uk/reviews/review/1467>
- ‘Saving the Worker’s Soul: Control and Catholic Social Activism in Ireland, 1912 – 20,’ Institute for Historical Research History Lab, University of London (June, 2013) .
- ‘Toward an Educated Laity: Irish Catholic Social Action in Atlantic Context, 1912 – 1923,’ American Conference for Irish Studies International, DePaul University (April, 2012).
- ‘Choosing “God or Mammon”: The Jesuits and the intellectual foundation of Irish Catholic social action, 1910-1914,’ American Conference for Irish Studies Midwest, Marquette University (2012).